Thinking about restarting SP when Mageworld 2.0 comes out?
Well, why not start off with a brand new version of Mageworld Journal
Mageworld Journal 0.90 is out. Cypherwulfe has generously provided
MwJ with its own homepage, so you can now download the newest version
of Mageworld Journal at: http://enigmatic-dreams.org/MwJ
Lokiswaq also has it up at: http://www.afaik.gr/ds
And Shocked has it available at: http://www.planetdungeonsiege.com/shocked/MwJ-Setup.exe
WHATS NEW IN VERSION 0.90?
- Removed "Explored:" from "I AM HERE" option.
(thank you Thelzidra for the suggestion)
- Better highlighting of squares when you click on them.
- PATH HISTORY.
The path history keeps track of what order your character
has visited the squares in. You may edit the path history. The path
history is updated every time you set "I AM HERE" in a square.
A path history will look something like this:
You can edit the Path History and add notes if you wish, like this:
Start area>QK1>QR1>QR2>QK2 backtracking>QR2>QK2>QB2>QB1>Q1>Q2
- When notes are GATHERED in a journal tab (or via the gather option of the
VIEW tab) you now have the option to sort by PATH order or ROW order.
PATH order is the default and will display the gathered notes in the
order in which you visited the squares. I.E. If you go to the journal
tab, your journal notes will be displayed in the same order that you
visited the squares instead of by row.
NOTE: when editing the path history, a square name is recognized because
it is preceded by a > (greater than) symbol. There can be spaces between
the > and the square name, but no other characters.
- MwJ now attempts to find the readme files in the Mageworld folder first,
before checking its own folder.
- You may set the Mageworld folder by using the "SET MAGEWORLD DIRECTORY"
option within the OPTIONS menu.
- If the 1.1 readme is available in either the Mw folder or the MwJ folder
it will be loaded and appended on the bottom of the 1.0 readme and is
- A "Backup" function has been added to the FILE menu. Selecting this
will create a zipfile in your MwJ folder that has all of the character
and global tab files stored in it. The file is named bkpYYYYmmDD-HHmmSS
- MwJ now has an ini file that stores the values for the Mageworld Folder
and "Set Explored On Left Click". These are global settings that should
not be stored in your character files. Setting them once should set
them for all characters, so they are now stored in the ini file.
- File Menu now has an "Export to New Character" option. Clicking this
will copy the current character to a new character. All of the notes
and tabs will stay the same. But all squares and ships will be set to
unexplored/unknown status. This makes it easy to start a new character
but use your old notes. Thanks to Shocked for the suggestion!
- The help section has been improved a little bit.
Version 0.90 is fully backwards compatible with all previous versions
of Mageworld Journal.
As always, I'm looking for feedback, positive or negative.
Let me know if the Path History is useful, if you like the new backup
or export functionality, if the new selected square highlighting works,
and if there is anything you don't like or would like to see added.
I don't promise to implement everyones ideas, but I will take them