The Torian Chronicles

A repository for easy access of the project threads that get started in the Mod Development forum.

Postby theresnothinglft on Sat Dec 04, 2004 6:35 pm

Its finally complete. Though I didn't upgrade the website at all, Ive changed a few things in it. Anyway, the complete version of Torian CHronicles is available for DL now.

Torian Chronicles

and download directly from here (30 mb)

Torian Chronicles Download

Please post bug reports and suggestions for TC here, or post suggestions for an up coming MP map mod: Torian Chronicles: Utraean Wars, which will be just a simple map mod (I just want to do siege editor and siege max for now) with some new nodes.

Anyway, enjoy!
MY new home is at Siegetheday.org. Final project statistics:

Starwars Legacy of the Dark Side: 4%
theresnothinglft
Champion
Champion

Postby Nerae on Sat Dec 04, 2004 9:48 pm

tnl - do we need to create a new character and start from the beginning again? Or is there a way to start with the already-built character at the end of part two?

Congrats on getting it done btw :)
Nerae

Postby theresnothinglft on Sat Dec 04, 2004 10:59 pm

ACtually, if you played through part 2 as a spearate map, then you need to make a new character (or play in multiplayer mode). If you played through part 1 only, then you should make a new character, as this new release is designed to COMPLETELY REPLACE ALL PREVIOUS RELEASES. I know thatall caps in unnecessary there, but you can play through the whole map from start to finish at the shadow orb.

Btw, ive begun Torian Chronicles: Utraean Wars, which I'll describe in a different thread than this one.

theresnothinglft
Champion
Champion

Postby Nerae on Sat Dec 04, 2004 11:07 pm

ahh - I only asked as (before) we could use our part one character to begin part two when it was released - and I wasn't sure if we needed to replay the first two parts or continue on as with your previous releases :)

thanks for the quick reply :)
Nerae

Postby netsuper on Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:46 am

I have started to play this siegelet. I started a new player. I got the quest to kill the draconor King Volonox. After I kill him the quest doesn't update. I go though the wooden gates on the other side and i end up in some place called a trap. Is the a walk though for the siegelet. :unsure:
netsuper
Lurker who Speaks

Postby Nerae on Wed Dec 08, 2004 12:49 am

You are in an area which requires several well-hidden levers to be found and touched. the levers do not match the gates/doors they are adjacent to, but rather other gates/doors you may have already passed, are near, or have not even seen yet.

The only advice one could give is to be thorough on your trek through the traps, and you will know when you are through them - so just keep combing bushes and gaps and corners.

Good luck
Nerae

Postby netsuper on Wed Dec 08, 2004 1:37 am

I have found one of the switches but I can't depress it. It is the one to the left facing the center door. The Quest still hasn't updated for killing the Draconor King Volonox. Have I missed something? It seem like i have hit a bug. I didn't get a quest for the Mounted Fire Orb. I killed the protector of the orb. Did I miss the quest for the Mounted fire orb? Is the a walk though for this siegelet?
netsuper
Lurker who Speaks

Postby Lady Nerae on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:12 am

tnl - the following screenie shows what I see when asked to choose a game. This 'test' doesn't appear any other time, and as you can see, I have nothing else in place. There was no readme with the dl, and I am only guessing that I am to use the LoA shortcut to access your mod?

Netsuper - If I recall correctly, there was no quest update after killing off the big dragon, just access to the orb it was protecting. After which, there are doors which need to be opened. Also, if you are near a lever which appears 'dead', in this game, it usually means you've already tripped it - sometimes by backing into it without realizing it.
Attachments
SN_TorianChronicles_ChooseMap_500x450.jpg
SN_TorianChronicles_ChooseMap_500x450.jpg (70.72 KiB) Viewed 8643 times
Your ridiculous little Opinion has been noted.
Lady Nerae
Centurion
Centurion

Postby netsuper on Wed Dec 08, 2004 3:18 am

Ok thanks i will try that. Thanks for all your help ladies and gens
netsuper
Lurker who Speaks

Postby Nerae on Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:45 pm

theresnothinglft wrote: ACtually, if you played through part 2 as a spearate map, then you need to make a new character (or play in multiplayer mode). If you played through part 1 only, then you should make a new character, as this new release is designed to COMPLETELY REPLACE ALL PREVIOUS RELEASES. I know thatall caps in unnecessary there, but you can play through the whole map from start to finish at the shadow orb.

Btw, ive begun Torian Chronicles: Utraean Wars, which I'll describe in a different thread than this one.

Ok - created an all-new character and played (SP) thru Jormand - When I went to play some more this morning, I noticed the game was recognizing old 'saved files' at the 'load game' menu and thought - well what the heck... I picked a saved-game on the snowy bridge just before the battle with tnl (lightning orb) and sure enough, did the fight, got the orb, and the doors which would never open previously, flew open and I passed right on thru to the goblin area.

I don't know if this will work for the whole of part three, but if it does, it's saved about 8 hours and I don't have to redo the gates and the maze - which I'd been (secretly) dreading - rofl

Prior to this, I thought about doing it as MP, and opened in Ryliana - you can hire a Utraean there - never did that in MP before...
Nerae

Postby theresnothinglft on Thu Dec 09, 2004 3:06 am

Lady Nerae wrote: tnl - the following screenie shows what I see when asked to choose a game. This 'test' doesn't appear any other time, and as you can see, I have nothing else in place. There was no readme with the dl, and I am only guessing that I am to use the LoA shortcut to access your mod?

Netsuper - If I recall correctly, there was no quest update after killing off the big dragon, just access to the orb it was protecting. After which, there are doors which need to be opened. Also, if you are near a lever which appears 'dead', in this game, it usually means you've already tripped it - sometimes by backing into it without realizing it.

About that, thats a dev map that I forgot to remove form the final release that I used to test everything that wasn't character specific. Theres nothing in it anyway.

Anyway, to access Torian Chronicles, load up DSLOA as you normally would (make sure tha toria_complete.dsres is in the DSLOA folder in your main DS install directory) and start a new Single Player or multiplayer game, and choose Torian Chronicles as you normally would choose a mod map.

And as for the old save thing, It probably worked for that save since I did a direct copy of the first three regions when I stitched it, though the conversations are changed.

theresnothinglft
Champion
Champion

Postby Nerae on Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:33 am

Am up to the elevated swamp - no hitches or glitches so far using an old save character in the new .dsres - good to know you can continue on with your old characters, as some of us have played the first two parts a few times already - and now we can just go forward :)

Your over-sized magically imbued 'mace' staffs are wonderful! What a treat to bonk one guy over the head and take out an entire row! And the sfx are great - looking forward to the rest of your new goodies and treats -
Nerae

Postby niceguy on Thu Dec 09, 2004 4:34 pm

There was a moodchange when I passed under the waterfall to pick up my first partymember. The screen went greenish and I couldn't see anything and had to use map mode to navigate. This problem continued until I entered the caves later.
I can also be found here: http://www.siegetheday.org
niceguy
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Nerae on Thu Dec 09, 2004 9:39 pm

niceguy wrote: There was a moodchange when I passed under the waterfall to pick up my first partymember. The screen went greenish and I couldn't see anything and had to use map mode to navigate. This problem continued until I entered the caves later.

Niceguy - when that happens to me (in any mod) I ommediately save the game, exit ds and then reopen and start from the save. I have played this same opening sequence here, tho, (the latest version of Torian Chronicles)and not had any graphic problems.

Hyperborea turns bright orange on me if I leave it minimized over night :)
Nerae

Postby theresnothinglft on Fri Dec 10, 2004 3:10 am

After about 7 days, Im getting near the bandwidth cap for my website (well, its about halfway). Does anyone know a good mirror that I can use and link to from my site?

theresnothinglft
Champion
Champion

Next

Return to Project Threads