Debut Model:

A repository for easy access of the project threads that get started in the Mod Development forum.

Postby Azrus Revell on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:43 am

Welcome, my name is Azrus and I'd like to present my "Einlanzer Pack".

"So, what is the 'Einlanzer Pack'?"
This weapons pack contains 4 brand new weapons with two unique models. Now, keep in mind, these models won't be for everyone. They're sized to be very long, 8 1/2 feet from tip of blade to tip of grip to be specific. They are, however, very detailed models. Whether it's the fine black leather grip and silver engraving on the hilt of the Einlanzer Zwei or the rustic, weathered look of the Rusty Zweihand, I've done everything I know of to bring out as much detail as possible.

"Yeah, but what are the stats!?"
The swords are designed to be useable at different levels, from the Rusty Zweihand with a 10 Str requirement, to the Einlanzer Zwei with a 75 Str requirement. Each sword has been configured to be damage appropriate for the level you can aquire it.

"Speaking of aquiring these weapons.. once I've downloaded the pack, how in the world do I get them?"
Simple, you can purchase a basic version of each sword in the Elddim Blacksmith. You can also aquire each weapon as random loot, ranging from normal, to rare and unique versions.

"Awesome! But will I be looting "Rusty Zweihand"s in Elite?"
You shouldn't, I've tried to set the random loot settings so that they drop on appropriate difficulties and monsters. For example, testing on the "Chicken World" map, I looted 3 enchanted "Einlanzer Zwei"s and 3 enchanted "Einlanzer"s in about 10 minutes (12-16 chickens).

"How many polys are they?"
Einlanzer - 270
Einlanzer Zwei - 275

"Well great... but where's the screenshots!?"
Sorry.. here ya go. :)

"Awesome! Those look great! Is there anything I can do to help?"
As a matter of fact, there is. Due to time constraints, I've only tested release 2 for about 30 minutes. Any time you find a bug with the model or it's code, please post here so that I can fix it as soon as possible. Also, any suggestions you have are welcome. Oh.. and whatever you do, enjoy the model. It is, after all, why I make models. :)

"HEY! fool! you forgot the download link!"
Doh! Here you go...

Download at FileFront

Updated - 1/16/2008: Wandered across this post via google! Also wandered across a working FileFront link for the models, so I thought I'd log in and update the link incase anyone cared to download the models. The FileFront link should be working now.

[Edit] First post edited, got it cleaned up and completely updated.

[Edit] Added an alternate download link, thanks a bunch for hosting the pack Dergin! :D
Last edited by Azrus Revell on Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:45 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Get "Einlanzer" here!
Azrus Revell
Lurker who Speaks

Postby Lurker on Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:12 pm

looks great! :thumbup:
There's an infinite number of monkeys outside asking for an opinion on hamlet
-Lurker's DS Resources
Lurker
Warder
Warder

Postby Dergin on Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:59 pm

spectacular :thumbup:
"Yes I know... I would make a sexy jedi" - Myself
"No you can't have my lightsaber!!! The sith could attack at any second!" - Myself Again
Dergin
Warder
Warder

Postby Xaa on Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:02 pm

:thumbup:
Farmboy's a lot stronger than he looks, apparently. ;)
Last edited by Xaa on Tue Oct 12, 2004 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Xaa
250 Pound Carnivorous Samurai Mouse

Postby winterstorm on Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:20 pm

pretty cool :)
winterstorm
Champion
Champion

Postby Shocked on Tue Oct 12, 2004 3:38 pm

Kinda looks like the sword Jet Li had in "Hero"
Although this one is much much bigger ^_^
Pretty good though
Shocked
Champion
Champion

Postby Koko The Great on Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:08 pm

It looks cool. :thumbup: I just think it's a little oversized, though.
It's better to die for something, then live for nothing.
Koko The Great
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Postby Brkopac on Tue Oct 12, 2004 5:42 pm

Spectacular work, I will make sure it gets hosted at overtheedge.us

Brkopac
Join #siegetheday for deep philisophical discussion!
[10:37] <Omniscient_Colossus> hakuna ma tata!

Click here to get started
Brkopac
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Azrus Revell on Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:01 pm

Thanks guys.

"Xaa" wrote:Farmboy's a lot stronger than he looks, apparently.

Yeah, who knew? :P

"Koko the Great" wrote:It looks cool. I just think it's a little oversized, though.

Hehe, well.. I put a lot of work into making sure it was sized the way I had intended it to be. It's designed to be a HUGE sword, and not realistic in any real sense. My next projects will be much more in tune with the laws of gravity, I promise. :P

It doesn't look bad in game though, so long as you're wearing some form of heavy armor, it looks pretty good. In combat it looks great, and the only real time it looks odd is when you run with it... kind of odd seeing a guy go cruising along waving a huge 8 foot sword like it was nothing. :P

"Brkopac" wrote:Spectacular work, I will make sure it gets hosted at overtheedge.us

Thank you, I'd really appreciate it. :) I'm still waiting on Filefront to get back to me on hosting it. x.X

I'm also going to reshoot that bottom picture, it's a little outdated. x.X

[Edit] Here are some screenshots of the "Original" versions

If people show enough interest in releasing those, I'll go ahead and stick 'em in the mod file.
Last edited by Azrus Revell on Tue Oct 12, 2004 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get "Einlanzer" here!
Azrus Revell
Lurker who Speaks

Postby hiei on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:53 pm

a few things, A. you got the idea from Sanoske Sagaras Zanbato (designed to slay a rider and horse in one blow) B. love the trims, and C. I WISH I COULD FIND MY DSLOA CD1 SO I COULD PLAY :weep: :smashhead: :cussin: :cussin: :cussin: :mope: :sob: :censored:
and heros sword is designed to be both offensive AND defensive, can cut or disarm the foes blade buy sliding the blade into the slit and turning the grip
Last edited by hiei on Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiei about Kazuma Kuwabara:
Hiei: Well, as it turns out, hes only partialy worthless
Kuwabara: HEY WANT TO SAY THAT TO MY FACE SHRIMP! *swings and misses and falls on face*
hiei
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Shocked on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:02 pm

hiei wrote: a few things, A. you got the idea from Sanoske Sagaras Zanbato (designed to slay a rider and horse in one blow)

First of all, how do you know where he got an idea from, or if hes even heard of whatever it is. Can you read minds? :blink:

Secondly, to Azrus. All the designs look great, dont hold yourself back from what one person thinks.
Last edited by Shocked on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shocked
Champion
Champion

Postby hiei on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:05 pm

Shocked wrote: First of all, how do you know where he got an idea from, or if hes even heard of whatever it is. Can you read minds? :blink:

no i can not read minds (as far as you know) second, that sword was a real blade that was used in feudal japan VERY few people could weild it because it weighed about 65-100 pounds, (not the name but the idea of it was baised of that blade) and third, WATCH RURONI KENSHIN
Hiei about Kazuma Kuwabara:
Hiei: Well, as it turns out, hes only partialy worthless
Kuwabara: HEY WANT TO SAY THAT TO MY FACE SHRIMP! *swings and misses and falls on face*
hiei
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Azrus Revell on Tue Oct 12, 2004 10:30 pm

Yes, the initial design was based off of the Zanbatou, though it was not based off of any existing design other than my own. To say that the sword was based off of the Zanbatou is pretty vague since all the Zanbatou essentially is, is a huge blade and a steel grip. *shrug* In essence, any sword witha blade in the vague shape of mine, with a length near mine, could be based off of the Zanbatou. :) Alternatively, you could also say this sword was based off of Nightmare's Glam from SC2, since they share similarities. Anyways... every weapon is based off of another, and if not another weapon, then on a concept (like longsword: long sharp thing attatched to stick = cutting tool), debating which doesn't make much of a difference, since proving which it was based off of will not effect the current sword in any real way. :)

Anyways... Thank you for the compliments, allways nice to hear when people enjoy my work, it is, after all, the reason I'm getting into modeling! :D

I'll start working on finishing up the coding for "Einlanzer" today and then start work on my Poleaxe. :) As for that... well it's going to be a sort of double-bladed Poleaxe, the Axehead being of similar design to that of a Halberd, and the second blade will be a forked blade attatched to the opposite end of the pole. :)

[Edit] Just a note, I've modified Einlanzer's template to allow it to drop as random loot, and I've confirmed that it works (Unique Einlanzer 4tw :P), however, I'm putting off the next release. the current Einlanzer requires 40 Str to wield, so I figured it'd deter people from downloading, since not everyone has a character with 40 Str. So, I'll be creating Alternate Versions of Eilanzer which will be geared for lower and higher levels. (I'd like to make a 75 Str version.)

As for the Poleaxe, I completed the model tonight and am working on skinning it, depending on how things go, it might be completed by tomorrow. For the records.. it looks really good. :P I'm thinking of creating 2 versions for the Poleaxe, one that's Str based and another that's Int based... nothing compares to a Mage who casts using a Poleaxe. :P

Anyways, if anyone has any suggestions on either model or their releases, I'd love to hear it. :)
Last edited by Azrus Revell on Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Get "Einlanzer" here!
Azrus Revell
Lurker who Speaks

Postby Azrus Revell on Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:14 pm

Hey guys, quick update:

Got some screenshots for ya! I've got the low level version of my Einlanzer (this one will be 10 Str to equip), aptly named "Rusted Zweihand".

I've also got an initial screenshot of my Poleaxe, it's just got a basic skin applied to it, so it's nowhere near the finished product. It's just to show off the model itself. :)

Allright! well I'll work on 'em some more after I get off work. Other than "Einlanzer" and "Rusted Zweihand", there's going to be 2 more versions of "Einlanzer", one will be the light steel/red engraving version which will be a 20 Str sword (named Zweihand), and the other will be a 75 Str version with a slightly modified model (named Einlanzer Zwei).

I'll post more screenshots as I work, enjoy!

Oh! and I was wondering if anyone has any good names for a Poleaxe. just calling it "Poleaxe" is kind of simple... I don't feel it lives up to it's potential grandeur. :P
Get "Einlanzer" here!
Azrus Revell
Lurker who Speaks

Postby Loviatar on Wed Oct 13, 2004 8:25 pm

hiei wrote: C. I WISH I COULD FIND MY DSLOA CD1 SO I COULD PLAY :weep: :smashhead: :cussin: :cussin: :cussin: :mope: :sob: :censored:

that is why i use acronis to image my hard drive and others to make personal backup copies of all cd`s
Loviatar
Snark Hunter

Next

Return to Project Threads