Since Wynne is not available to make the tutorials for the chat event, I suppose I have to pick up the slack; This is an introductory connection guide for new mIRC users.
By default, when you launch mIRC, you will see a shareware/trialware notice and then the following Options panel dialog window automatically open up.
1. Full Name: just fill in anything you'd like, this field is not important, but it must be set
2. Email Address: just specify a fake or real email address, this is publicly accessible information while you are online, so a fake entry is recommended.
3. Nickname: this is your screen/account name while logged in
4. Alternative: this is an alternative screen/account name automatically used in the case that your desired Nickname is already in active use or registered to another user
5. When you are done specifying those basic login details, click the OK button.
If you want to change this information later, you can access the Options dialog window through the Tools > Options menu option.