Transferring characters

Had some problems getting your game to work, either the original game or modified games with user-made mods and maps? Let somebody know here.

Postby Kyoros on Mon Aug 30, 2004 5:17 am

I dont know if this is really the right place for this, but i was wondering if there is a way to transfer character from multiplayer into single player games, cuz i would like to use the same character on single player that i do on multiplayer, and so on.
Kyoros

Postby iryan on Mon Aug 30, 2004 7:42 am

Yes you can but you'll need to install the DS Toolkit in order to make it work.
DS Toolkit v1.7
You then need to start Dungeon Siege with either DSLOAMod (expansion pack) or DSMod (original game) and start a new game on the map you wish to play.
Then press the tilde key (~) which is to the left of the 1 key in order to bring down the console.
Type: PARTY LOAD CHARACTERNAME.dsparty where CHARACTERNAME is the name of your multiplayer character.
Press the tilde key again to close the console and save your game. Exit DSLOAMod (or DSMod) and start the retail exe. Now load the saved game.

It is extremely important to note that this method generally fails in the retail maps due to inherent bugs in them that prevents saved games from DSLOAMod (or DSMod) being loaded in the retail game.
However I have made a mod that fixes these bugs and also provides you with Veteran, Elite & Xtreme versions of the retail maps. After all even if you can get the above method working in the retail maps, it will get pretty boring playing them if your multiplayer character is of a high enough level, not to mention that experience received & item drops will be poor.
DSLOAMT will even give Elite players a pretty good challenge, especially if they attempt Xtreme mode. If you wish to try it it can be downloaded here;
DSLOAMT v2.2beta
iryan
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Brknkybrd on Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:37 am

iryan, the links to your mod are dead, and your website is gone. What happened to you?
Brknkybrd
Lurker

Postby iryan on Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:55 am

iryan, the links to your mod are dead, and your website is gone. What happened to you?

My site's been dead for a long while now & the mod was being hosted at Siegenetwork but I guess Witness is cleaning out mods she was hosting.

As for the mod itself I no longer have a copy as I had PC problems and ended up reinstalling Windows XP. I only kept a backup of my major stuff.

Still if anyone knows how to untank and retank maps, it's very easy to make the retail maps DSLOAMod (or DSMod) proof! Let me know if you want to know how (you can even change the camera angles at the same time and even optimize the maps for speed & stability if you want to spend a hour ot two at it & have Siege Editor installed).
iryan
Centurion
Centurion

Postby alex on Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:41 am

how do u transfer the char from the sigle player game to multiplayer?
alex

Postby Sharkull on Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:57 pm

This is a function built into the multiplayer game interface... no special tools are required. When you are at the MP screen for choosing a character, look for a button that says "import"... you will then be able to choose a single player game save, and then a character within that save game, to import into MP.
:thumbup:
"The only sovereign I can allow to rule me is reason. The first law of reason is this: what exists, exists; what is, is. From this irreducible, bedrock principle, all knowledge is built. This is the foundation from which life is embraced.
Reason is a choice. Wishes and whims are not facts, nor are they a means to discovering them. Reason is our only way of grasping reality - it's our basic tool of survival. We are free to evade the effort of thinking, to reject reason, but we are not free to avoid the penalty of the abyss we refuse to see."
-Terry Goodkind (Faith of the Fallen)
Sharkull
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Orpheus on Thu Feb 16, 2006 7:15 am

iryan wrote:You then need to start Dungeon Siege with either DSLOAMod (expansion pack) or DSMod (original game) and start a new game on the map you wish to play.
Then press the tilde key (~) which is to the left of the 1 key in order to bring down the console.
Type: PARTY LOAD CHARACTERNAME.dsparty where CHARACTERNAME is the name of your multiplayer character.
Press the tilde key again to close the console and save your game. Exit DSLOAMod (or DSMod) and start the retail exe. Now load the saved game.

I'm a little bit confused. The only way that the importing will work is if I do it in a NEW game? (i.e. from "point zero") Can I do it in mid-campaign? (for example, in Glacern on Ehb; or it'll only work from the Farmlands?) :unsure: :helpme:

Thanks...
Orpheus
Lurker who Speaks

Postby Loup Ombrage on Fri Feb 17, 2006 3:48 am

You can do it mid-campaign.
Capitalism is a great game, War is fun too but you run out of people.- The creators of Bro' Town.
Loup Ombrage
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Postby Orpheus on Sat Feb 18, 2006 12:24 am

Got it, Loup Ombrage...

Thanks. :thumbup:
Orpheus
Lurker who Speaks

Return to Technical Support