How Do I .... ?

Want to see something featured at this site? Found a broken link? Saw some incorrect data listed? Like or hate the current content? Post about it here.

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:05 am

Last edited by Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:07 am

How do I get an avatar (the little picture under my name)?
Go to MY CONTROLS.
Select the PERSONAL PROFILE area.
Click Edit Avatar Settings.
You will see 3 ways to add an avatar.
In the first area (Preinstalled Avatars <1>) you can choose an avatar from the list Witness has already uploaded for use here.
In the second area (Your Image Avatars <2>) you will see a box where you can link to an image already on the web by entering the URL where the image is located. Below that will be the area where you can upload an image that is stored on your computer for use as an avatar <3>.
Click on the BROWSE button, locate the image you wish to upload, click on it, click on open. Once you have entered the information you want, click on UPDATE MY AVATAR at the bottom of the page.
*Please note that avatars can be no larger than 64x64, 20 kB.*
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:09 am

How do I put a picture in my signature?
Go to MY CONTROLS.
Click Edit Signature.
Click on the IMG button and a box will pop up where you enter the URL for the picture you want to use in your signature.
*Please note that the image cannot be uploaded from your machine in this case, it must already exist somewhere on the net. A good place to upload is to the Sig/Ava thread in off-topic forum if you don't have any other place where you can put them*.
Once you have entered the information you want, click on UPDATE MY SIGNATURE at the bottom of the page
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:11 am

I uploaded my picture to the Sig/Ava thread, now how do I get the URL to put in my signature controls?
Right click on the uploaded picture and click on properties.
A box appears.
Copy and paste the URL from that box into the box that appears when you click the IMG button in your Edit Signature area. This allows you to get the URL for the picture without the dynamics that appear in the URL if you click on the thumbnail to expand it.
Once you have entered the information you want, click on UPDATE MY SIGNATURE at the bottom of the page.
Last edited by Wynne on Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:14 am

How do I put a link to another site in my signature?
Go to MY CONTROLS.
Click Edit Signature.
You will see an http:// box.
Click on that and enter the URL you wish to link to.
Click OK and it changes to say My Webpage. You can then enter what you wish the link to say in your signature line. Click OK.
Once you have entered the information you want, click on UPDATE MY SIGNATURE at the bottom of the page.

*Please do not abuse the signature feature by linking an image with large dimensions or placing more than approximately 8 lines of text. Signatures appear at the bottom of all your posts, so large signatures may result in scrolling and page loading difficulties for others.*
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:15 am

How do I upload a picture to the forums?
Click the Add Reply button.
At the bottom of the reply box you will see an area called FILE ATTACHMENTS.
Click the Browse button.
Find the picture you want to upload to the forums, click on it, click open.

*Picture files should be in .gif or .jpeg format for uploading. Please note that although it says .bmp pictures are allowed, they will usually be far too large for the forum upload limit of 250k for members. (Yes I know the screen says 300k, but that's because I get a small increase for being a moderator)*
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:18 am

How do I bookmark and track forums and topics?
To subscribe to a forum, look at the bottom of the page of the forum you are interested in.
You will see this
Click on Subscribe to this forum and when new posts are made in it, an email will be sent to you.

To subscribe to a topic, look at the first post at the top of any page of the topic.
You will see this.
Click on track this topic and when new posts are made in it, an email will be sent to you.

To unsubscribe from a forum or topic, go into your control panel, and click on View Topics or View Forums (depending on which you wish to unsubscribe from). A list of everything you are subscribed to will be displayed. Check the ones you no longer wish to receive updates for and click unsubscribe
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:19 am

How do I change my username and/or email address?
Don't like the forum name you registered for? Send a private message to any forum administrator to request a name change. The same registration name limitations apply (e.g., minimum 3 characters, word filters), but if someone else hasn't taken that name already, you can have it, and keep your accumulated post count too. There is a minimum 30 days grace period after each name change request.

Similarly, you can request to have your email address changed, or change it yourself in your Control Panel.
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Postby Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:22 am

How do I send a copy of all my Private Messages to my Email Address?
In your control panel, you will see in the Messenger section Archive messages.
Click on this, and you will see this.
Enter the information for which PM's you would like sent to your email address, and then click Process
Last edited by Wynne on Mon Jun 14, 2004 3:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Paige's Photo Album
Last updated June 7th
Wynne
Retired Moderator

Return to Site Discussion