Peter Jacksson- Tyrant? I think not.

Non Dungeon Siege related discussion.

Postby Cyberatog on Thu Mar 04, 2004 2:13 pm

Some guy have published a book about Peter Jacksson that describes him as a dictator under the filming of Lotr, but i do have evidence against this.

1. This guy have never met Peter.
2. This guy was never there under the filming of Lotr.
3. Hes just another writer who wants to earn money on others misery.
4. Peter Jacksson would in this case never have such good actors in lotr.

Reasons this guy have to not like Peter Jacksson:

1. Jealousy
2. Low moral
3. Peter is not american
4. Classic "Ive allready read the book so why see the movie?"
5. Trying to be cool by saying something different like "duh... lotr sucks!"
6. Hes just another writer who wants to earn money on others misery.
7."Hes a Jacksson."

What do you think? :analyze:
Last edited by Cyberatog on Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today's thought:
Freedom is boring! Tyrrany! Dictation! Two-party system! Scream the words of change!

(The "two-party system" joke was added last when I found it fun after babbling up the words for dictatiorship, a nice touch)

Evidence why Peter Jackson is NOT a tyrant
Why we dont have magic in our world
To arms! To arms!
Krug hip-hop!
Cyberatog
Champion
Champion

Postby slak on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:04 pm

I totally agree...

Plus if you watch the behind the scenes of Lotr included on the dvd's, you'll see thats wrong - of course you don't see the whole thing but u can figure out what kind of person he is.

And i don't think a director has the time to think about being filmed to act less of a dictator (if thats what he is)
Join #siegetheday and get access to all kinds of luxury.
[13/01|18:34:22] * xmen90s hands over the keys to the private swimming pool

Click here to get started
slak
Centurion
Centurion

Postby winterstorm on Thu Mar 04, 2004 4:24 pm

Absolutely. Why would he be a dictator over such good actors? They know what there doing and they have done it much before. Practically every single scene they shot was perfect. They just did it a couple times more to see if they can get any better. And sometimes you do have to input some authority because its a highly valuable book there making this from. And it needs to be perfect in order to live up to the book. So i give Peter full credit for doing a perfect job on this film :) i also understand he left some parts out so it wouldnt be so long. But thats what the Special Extended DVD is for :D
winterstorm
Champion
Champion

Postby God's Blood on Thu Mar 04, 2004 6:32 pm

book about Peter Jacksson that describes him las a dictator
I'm not sure that's a bad thing on a movie set. Otto Preminger, John Huston and Alfred Hitchcock were all describe as tyrants on the set and they were some of the finest directors of all time.

The director is the leader on the movie set. Everything follows his/her vision. If they don't have tight rein over what happens, their vision doesn't come across.

Whether he is a dictator or not, I doubt that there is a single actor or movie studio around that wouldn't love to be in on his next movie.
Who Likes Dwarfs?
God's Blood
Warder
Warder

Postby Cyberatog on Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:08 pm

Difference here is the guy dont know what he is talking about. Spreading loose facts about things you havent a clue about can badly destroy poor Jacksson's reputation, you dont do that if you have any moral at all. :thumbdown:
Last edited by Cyberatog on Fri Mar 05, 2004 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Today's thought:
Freedom is boring! Tyrrany! Dictation! Two-party system! Scream the words of change!

(The "two-party system" joke was added last when I found it fun after babbling up the words for dictatiorship, a nice touch)

To arms! To arms!
Krug hip-hop!
Cyberatog
Champion
Champion

Postby Danath Farrence on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:16 pm

Peter Jackson is a wonderful man. :thumbup: He did the three Lotr movies with a lot of effort(and millions) :lol: and they are simply wonderful movies,my favourite and unbeatable movies. ;) B)
Danath is reborn once again to take revenge.Beware my enemies.....
Rage of Mages forever!
Danath Farrence
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Bj Rox ur Sox on Thu Mar 04, 2004 9:21 pm

Meh, this writer dude is just having a sook cause of all those trophys Peter Jackson have aqquired over the last 3 years. Yet that is because he made half decent movies on a classic trilogy (used loosely as it's six books and is also like a textbook meaning one book). I know some tool is going to come up with some rebuttle and abuse my post and say I got stuff wrong. But that is how most americans work....flaming us Ausies and New Zealanders :(

Now if you don't excuse me I plan to go and ride my kangaroo to university which is in the middle off a desert where aboriginals dance naked around fires...kthx.
no signature
Bj Rox ur Sox
Hero
Hero

Postby God's Blood on Fri Mar 05, 2004 5:31 am

here is the guy dont know what he is talking about.
Well, that may be very true. When a person does well, there will always be people jealous of him/her and waiting to see them fall. Some people don't even wait and will just start manufacturing lies. And, of course, there are the leaches who just want to make a profit off the work of others.
Who Likes Dwarfs?
God's Blood
Warder
Warder

Postby Cyberatog on Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:02 pm

Also, the book repetively claims that Peter is an idiot because he did splatter movies before Lotr. Many big directors do that to train their skills with special effects- and for fun of course. Even Hitchcock did some splatters.
Last edited by Cyberatog on Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today's thought:

To arms! To arms!
Krug hip-hop!
Cyberatog
Champion
Champion

Postby mm:: on Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:27 pm

yea fo sure. peter is the man. hes from up the road from me (im from NZ) and its good to see he hasnt been comercialized by hollywood propoganda.

look at his hair and glasses. i mean he could tidy himself up but that would just make him not himself!
mm::
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Cyberatog on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:21 am

Does anyone know what the author of the <not here>book is called? :angry:
Last edited by Cyberatog on Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Today's thought:

To arms! To arms!
Krug hip-hop!
Cyberatog
Champion
Champion

Postby Bj Rox ur Sox on Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:28 am

Cyberatog wrote: Does anyone know what the author of the <not here>book is called? :angry:

OMG MAENZ YOU SWORE I THINK IM GONAN TELL MY MUM ON YOU.
Last edited by Bj Rox ur Sox on Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no signature
Bj Rox ur Sox
Hero
Hero

Return to Off-Topic