Darker Shades of Red

A repository for easy access of the project threads that get started in the Mod Development forum.

Postby Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:43 pm

"ulfman" wrote:Wow, she's purty!Â

I'd love to see that gal doing some karate on a beastie. My question is this: the model is fairly high poly, and the mesh is GREAT with almost photo realistic musculature and features.

What keeps it from being like a Roger Rabbit situation? Real life gal in toontown kinda thing? Unless the plan is to create a backdrop with equally high poly count.

This mod would be worth upgrading my video card for!!!Â

Good question!

The entire project will be pushing poly limits. We are also creating nodes for the plants you see here too around the home of Elrissa (The Elf Summoner). The buildings here have already been converted into node-sets and are ready to be placed in-game. 29 or so more models are ready for conversion and will be converted by the time level design commences in May. Believe it or not, terrain polygons are not so important when compared to a character so long as the other characters and building interiors are of similar detail. Some of our terrain, in key areas, will have custom nodes with increased polygons but, as a rule, this will only apply to areas of significance where we know the player must stop and look around.

Haven Castle

A home in the capital city

Elrissa's Home

Elrissa's Home

Elrissa's Home

Home in Haven

Zaramoth The Unmaker
Last edited by Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Shocked on Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:59 pm

God I wish I could make nodes that good. :)

As far as lip movement, blinking, and so and so...Couldn't you just put bones there and tell the game to recognize them? Even if that would require skritting you seem to have some talented Cppers and skritters. :-)
Shocked
Champion
Champion

Postby Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:03 pm

Shocked wrote: God I wish I could make nodes that good. :)

As far as lip movement, blinking, and so and so...Couldn't you just put bones there and tell the game to recognize them? Even if that would require skritting you seem to have some talented Cppers and skritters. :-)

I suppose that would be possible, yes, but I am hoping DS2 already supports these animations. If not, no biggie. These character models are already fully boned. It will just be a matter of coding the animations in. That also isn't a problem because we are already going to be coding tons of custom animations anyhow. A few more won't hurt. That's the beauty of having a project where each person is assigned a specific task and not overloaded trying to code one day, build maps the next, etc. The work is far less daunting when it is the only thing you are responsible for.
Last edited by Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:11 pm

Three more pictures of a new Tree Dwelling model which we will be using in DSoR:

Last edited by Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:39 pm

This character is pushing 25,000 polygons and 14,500 vertices. She is about as high as we are willing to push a single player-character. This model is also a nude.

Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Lord Of Evil on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:39 pm

Just a question, are all nodes made by one or more persons of the DSOR team?
Lord Of Evil

Postby Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:42 pm

Lord Of Evil wrote: Just a question, are all nodes made by one or more persons of the DSOR team?

Yes all nodes are being done in-house. We have not shown a fraction of what is actually completed. The character in the post above you was also made in-house.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Lord Of Evil on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:46 pm

awaysome.............that took a long time, i think the dsor team is already bussy some time. And most work is from 1 person i see.

I ahve read that there was a question about morphing. I ahve done some test is DS 1 with morphing and it works. If it works in DS 1 it will work in DS 2 as well.
Lord Of Evil

Postby Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:49 pm

More models can be seen in our 3D development forums and our gallery. The nude character models are in the 3D development forum only, however. My take on morphing is the same as it is on everything else. It is just a matter of coding. There is not much which can't be done with a little diligence and a lot of willpower.
Last edited by Eccentricity on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Lord Of Evil on Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:52 pm

Wauw, nice project. hope to see more and i will follow it with al my attention.
Lord Of Evil

Postby theresnothinglft on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:19 am

Theres some really professional work here. Who is working on it?
MY new home is at Siegetheday.org. Final project statistics:

Starwars Legacy of the Dark Side: 4%
theresnothinglft
Champion
Champion

Postby Eccentricity on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:23 am

theresnothinglft wrote: Theres some really professional work here.  Who is working on it?

Peter Schoots (tharidos13) is our head 3D design coordinator. He is doing most of the modelling and node work himself. He is very fast. He makes these models in 3DS Max in around 4 hours each. Don't ask me how he does it. It amazes me too. He had some awesome nodes made for Steel's World 2 as well, which were never seen or used.

His site is under construction but can be found at http://www.tharidos.com
Last edited by Eccentricity on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby theresnothinglft on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:28 am

Ah, I thought you hired someone to do that work, with the copyright stuff modelled into it.

He must have a killer texture library too :evil:
Last edited by theresnothinglft on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
MY new home is at Siegetheday.org. Final project statistics:

Starwars Legacy of the Dark Side: 4%
theresnothinglft
Champion
Champion

Postby Eccentricity on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:29 am

theresnothinglft wrote: Ah, I thought you hired someone to do that work, with the copyright stuff modelled into it.

He is a professional so he copyrights everything.

He makes most anything. Example below:

Last edited by Eccentricity on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby tharidos13 on Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:50 am

Waow i see a lot of my stuff and to answer some questions...

yes i do have a big libary of textures but most i do make myself as well. Some times it's better to make them self then composite them from others.......searching and pasting might take more time.

Thank you for all credits ecc and all for the possitive reactions.

If there are any question . just ask. you all can always follow my actions and work on the DSoR site or my page......feel free to take a look and feel free to ask
Last edited by tharidos13 on Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Credendo Vides
Greetings
try http://www.tharidos.com
tharidos13
Lurker who Speaks

PreviousNext

Return to Project Threads