Darker Shades of Red

A repository for easy access of the project threads that get started in the Mod Development forum.

Postby Shocked on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:13 am

Any chance of getting a skybox or normal maps in there? ;-P
Shocked
Champion
Champion

Postby Eccentricity on Sun Feb 13, 2005 5:16 am

A skybox is planned, yes. Mountain top vistas will actually look like they are on a mountain top and not in the eternal land of fog and haze. Look for some frustum widening as well. Not much, but a very small increase.

Side note: The music will now be posted at the beginning of the thread. I have removed a lot of the links and broken others. I will announce new additions by seperate post but you will have to hop to the overview to hear them from now on. The list was simply growing too long and there are so many left that I can't possibly post them all. I will just start cycling them.
Last edited by Eccentricity on Sun Feb 13, 2005 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Eccentricity on Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:43 am

4 new pieces of music (all vocal) added to the overview post at the beginning of this thread. Hope you enjoy them.
Last edited by Eccentricity on Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Shocked on Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:53 am

Eccentricity wrote: 4 new pieces of music (all vocal) added to the overview post at the beginning of this thread. Hope you enjoy them.

Aw, you're going to make me go all the way BACK THERE? :rolleyes:

Nice new music, is it me or am I the only one who checks this thread? XD
Shocked
Champion
Champion

Postby Eccentricity on Tue Feb 15, 2005 2:58 am

You are the only one who realizes that Dungeon Siege I will soon be dead and only DS-2 really matters, yes. :P :thumbup: DS-2 has some stuff in it that will make DS-1 a distant memory. There are a lot more changes/improvements than GPG lets on about. DS-1 will soon be added to your collection of AOL disks.

Edit: Due to some recent alterations in the plan, DSoR will be a Total Conversion rather than a siegelet (as was initially intended). The projected release date remains unchanged.
Last edited by Eccentricity on Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Eccentricity on Tue Feb 15, 2005 6:53 pm

DSoR Gigastudio Test Composition

It is unfinished and only a test. It sucks, so feel free to laugh. I doubt you will hear it in game even after it is completed.

Added 2 more pieces to the Overview Post:

Land of Darkness and the main theme for the Temporal Displacer.
Last edited by Eccentricity on Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Eccentricity on Wed Feb 16, 2005 4:36 pm

The project's new site and forums are under development at http://dsor.net and should both be up and running by Sunday at the latest. Unfortunately, more development space was required than what we have available here in a single thread. I have removed all images from these pages to restore page generation times back to normal.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Shocked on Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:32 pm

Eccentricity wrote: The project's new site and forums are under development at http://dsor.net and should both be up and running by Sunday at the latest. Unfortunately, more development space was required than what we have available here in a single thread. I have removed all images from these pages to restore page generation times back to normal.

Yay! So you don't want us to post here anymore? And just let the thread fall down the drain? :P Just post in the other thread? If so, sorry I posted here. :)

Side note: My school has blocked dsor.net :lol:
Shocked
Champion
Champion

Postby slak on Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:07 pm

Eccentricity wrote: I have removed all images from these pages to restore page generation times back to normal.

Did you put them anywhere else, or just removed?
Join #siegetheday and get access to all kinds of luxury.
[13/01|18:34:22] * xmen90s hands over the keys to the private swimming pool

Click here to get started
slak
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Eccentricity on Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:46 pm

Shocked wrote: Yay! So you don't want us to post here anymore? And just let the thread fall down the drain? :P Just post in the other thread? If so, sorry I posted here. :)

Side note: My school has blocked dsor.net :lol:

No, I will maintain this thread here too. I just removed the heavy images and materials. I will post all of those in the new forums. There is no point having them here being a nuicance as they are very large files. I am doing some switching around of sites right now. The pure flash site is temporarily gone in place of an html site. I am building the pure flash area back but for multimedia content only. It is too much of a PITA to crank up Flash MX 2004 every time I wanted to post news. I am also building a 3rd RSS site inside dsor too which will provide an rss news feed. It is an XML site geared specifically for news. Essentially, the DSoR site will be 3 sites in one. It sounds a bit bulky, I know, but it will look really great and, once constructed, requires little maintenance. I estimate this project to run through DS-3 as well so we are looking at a 7 year ongoing project. When viewed in that light, spending a few weeks on a site doesn't sound so bad. As for the thread here I will continue to post updates in it as well. These are public forums and I do not want to inconvenience people into having to check my development forums too (unless they want to). A few of the Development forums are protected, though most are public. I intend to remove registration requirements for the publicly accessible areas. It would just be very difficult for me to try to run a large scale project here with 20+ team members in a single thread. Most of them have jobs too and searching through so many posts to find things is not practical for them. It worked for Xaa but Xaa is a single person and he kept up with his thread almost daily. Some of our team members may only check the forums twice a week, as needed, and that would be tough on them here because once DS2 released this thread would pile posts up rather quickly. Best to use this for a news thread and develop the project in it's own forums.

Besides, posting the updates and development stuff is too much like work for me. I come here for fun so I would rather seperate work and play. :P
Last edited by Eccentricity on Thu Feb 17, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Liantedan on Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:12 pm

It is too much of a PITA to crank up Flash MX 2004 every time I wanted to post news.

It used to be easily possible to load a txt-file with html-content into a dynamic textbox in Flash... That way you could just upload the updated txt-file and have the "news" shown in the flashsite.
Did that change with the new flashversion ?
[user image]
Happy thoughts! Happy, happy thoughts! - Xaa - Ah Feext Eet!
Liantedan
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Postby Eccentricity on Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:19 pm

Liantedan wrote:
It used to be easily possible to load a txt-file with html-content into a dynamic textbox in Flash... That way you could just upload the updated txt-file and have the "news" shown in the flashsite.
Did that change with the new flashversion ?

No you can still do that with dynamic textboxes (The current flash header at http://www.dsor.net works that way). The problem, aside from my laziness, was that I needed an RSS news feed as well. If I posted the news on the flash site I would have to duplicate it elsewhere to feed it. I just decided that the snazzy flash was better for displaying multimedia content. Also the text area was way too small with that split table. When I re-do that front page it will have one column only because I am placing a movie viewer component there. Action Script 2 is far more powerful than 1 was. It is just a matter of me being too lazy to double post news. :rolleyes:
Last edited by Eccentricity on Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Eccentricity on Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:48 pm

Haven Castle. Node set under construction

Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Interested2 on Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:50 pm

It's a very nice "user posted image". :P
Interested2
Hero
Hero

Postby Eccentricity on Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:51 pm

Interested2 wrote: It's a very nice "user posted image".   :P

Heh. I fixed it. The extension was bad. I cannot type. Sometimes, you have to refresh to get the images to load. The PDS server is quite a slow P.O.S. :thumbup:

The new forums are up at http://dsor.net. No registration is required to post, however, you cannot edit posts, etc without registering. The rss feed will be available shortly (It is now, actually. I just don't have anything posted yet).
Last edited by Eccentricity on Sat Feb 19, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Has-Been
Eccentricity
Centurion
Centurion

PreviousNext

Return to Project Threads