Dark Elf

A repository for easy access of the project threads that get started in the Mod Development forum.

Postby Xaa on Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:46 pm

Witness wrote: Did you just say that hamcat's models cause blinking on unsupported textures? That's interesting... :analyze:

Yes. He created a new skeleton with "eye-bones" that compress that part of the face. Then, all the animation skrits call the "blink" action in certain frames. It works in unsupported textures because he made his model so that the eyes of normal textures fall across the area that gets compressed.

My guess is that hamcat used transparencies to hide the revealing surface areas in the ground model, or, if it were a custom armor type, a new ground model would do the trick.

It's all in the templates and the models on the characters. The "forearm" skin is used over legs in the "revealing" armor, so the model still only has two textures when armors a2 and up are worn. There is no change to the ground models - just the models the characters wear.

Unfortunately, I'm not sure which texture index to use.

Drop the ASP into a hex editor. The textures are listed near the top of the file in the order they are called, the first numbered 0, the second 1, the third 2, and so on.
Xaa
250 Pound Carnivorous Samurai Mouse

Postby Ulfman on Mon Mar 22, 2004 1:43 pm

Witness, the light elf is gorgeous. I still like the dark elf though. :blush: I wish all of the models in DS looked that good. ^_^

And once again, you and Xaa have turned it into a learning experience too. Great! Thanks for the updates. I didn't mean to sidetrack you with that boot suggestion....

EDIT-- I'm with gfb, too. I'd love a good full length closeup of that light elf. :thumbup:
Last edited by Ulfman on Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulfman
Centurion
Centurion

Postby iryan on Tue Mar 23, 2004 6:52 am

I wish all of the models in DS looked that good.

I totally agree! The single most worst aspect of the Expansion Pack was that there were no new player models at all, just lazy retexturing of the existing models with those terrible Utraean skins. I am really looking forward to the release of this model.

I gather that when released the models will replace the ingame ones so that we'll end up with Elves & Dwarves Dungeon Siege (Not that I'm complaining, certainly not!). It would be nice if they were included in the game as an additional model, especially if permission could be obtained to skin them. I'm just mentioning this as in the revision of my mod I'm adding Elves as recruitable characters and while I've got numerous portraits to use, my skinning creations are rather blah and the sooner you get a helmet on them to cover their heads, the better.

Image Image
iryan
Centurion
Centurion

Postby ExodiaTheNeckromaster on Tue Mar 23, 2004 1:50 pm

This Thread Leads To a very good question why were not there any elves in ds? there are the best chars you can play!! (in my biased opinion)
when will this elf char be released?
4evr curius
_EtNm
Make sure the shadow behind you is actualy your own..... _EtNm
If you want to do anything on the internet do it NOW, because in the next moment it could be illegal... _EtNm
SoN (internet data collection/"hacking" group) forum down do to wierd aussie admins... will make new forum where i am admin and then post link.....
_EtNm
ExodiaTheNeckromaster
Warder
Warder

Location: laghing it up and plotting demise of loser users in loser forums..

Postby Cyberatog on Tue Mar 23, 2004 3:40 pm

ExodiaTheNeckromaster wrote: This Thread Leads To a very good question why were not there any elves in ds? there are the best chars you can play!! (in my biased opinion)
when will this elf char be released?
4evr curius
_EtNm

Chris Taylor had just enough room in his imaginary world to put in some elves. It would just turn too big then, and everything should been re-written.

And, dwarves own them anyway. :P
Today's thought:
Freedom is boring! Tyrrany! Dictation! Two-party system! Scream the words of change!

(The "two-party system" joke was added last when I found it fun after babbling up the words for dictatiorship, a nice touch)

Evidence why Peter Jackson is NOT a tyrant
Why we dont have magic in our world
To arms! To arms!
Krug hip-hop!
Cyberatog
Champion
Champion

Postby Witness on Wed Mar 24, 2004 2:55 am

I gather that when released the models will replace the ingame ones so that we'll end up with Elves & Dwarves Dungeon Siege

Unless there are problems I'm not aware of with adding additional character selections, they will be separately selectable characters types.

Elfgirl wearing armor type 3 with armor texture b_c_pos_a3_025 and bracers-type gloves with texture b_a_gntl_003:
We're still on the lower end of the armor spectrum, so I'm reusing the midriff-revealing style, which separates the armor into a two-piece. Other stylistic deviations include the stand-up collar, shorter but flared sleeves, and v-neck.
Dark and Light Elfgirl Mod
- Download v3.0.1.2 beta (i.e. v3.0 beta 1 patch 2)
- Project Site
- Project Thread
witness@siegenetwork.com
Witness
Hero
Hero

Postby Plasma on Wed Mar 24, 2004 5:12 am

Lovely Witness, Just lovely perhaps you can turn down the tone of the light of her hair? it looks like its apart of her skin to me. good job :thumbup:
Plasma
Lurker who Speaks

Postby sjr on Wed Mar 24, 2004 6:00 am

Oooooo shiney armor. :thumbup:

Btw I still like the dark elf look more than the light elf. But they both look good. :D
sjr
Moo Cow Disease

Postby SnowFox on Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:03 am

Cyberatog wrote:
ExodiaTheNeckromaster wrote:And, dwarves own them anyway. :P 

I hate to burst your bubble, but GOBLINS own them :)

BTW keep up the good work Witness, the elves are looking spectacular.
View my BLog @ HerenaForge
Download Chronicles Prelude here and post comments etc. here.
Download Chronicles Prelude readme
Details about Chronicles Volume 1 here.
SnowFox
Legionnaire
Legionnaire

Postby niceguy on Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:17 am

Witness wrote:Unless there are problems I'm not aware of with adding additional character selections, they will be separately selectable characters types.

Unless you haven't already decided to do this, may I suggest that you make the dark elf girl and the light elf as seperate from each others as well and not just as different skins on a new elf character. This could be useful for modders that want to seperate the two races. LoH is the most obvius example of the need for such seperation.
I can also be found here: http://www.siegetheday.org
niceguy
Centurion
Centurion

Postby Lokiswaq on Wed Mar 24, 2004 11:09 am

Impressive work Witness :thumbup:. Keep up! (Already falling in love with the light elf :wub:).
Have you considered naming the girls, just for the sake of this thread? ;)
:: BufUI 2.00 - a GUI panel that displays your active buffs - its story
:: UberUI 0.02 - a GUI enhanchment that shows your uber level in game
:: afaik.gr Under Siege and afaik.gr Under Siege Forums
Lokiswaq
Centurion
Centurion

Postby ExodiaTheNeckromaster on Wed Mar 24, 2004 7:36 pm

NOBODY owns the elves :angry: !!!!! Shame Shame Shame on you!!! Elves could bitch-slap dwarves and goblins :thumbup: ..... Elves rock xInfinitium!!! besides if i'm not mistaken Aren't The Elves, Humans AND Dwarves in an allaince in most rpgs?????? goblins are just short tinkerers who hide in caves and build stuff....
anyhou
great work!! (are you sill making a dark elf? plz say yes)

_EtNm
Last edited by ExodiaTheNeckromaster on Thu Mar 25, 2004 12:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
If you want to do anything on the internet do it NOW, because in the next moment it could be illegal... _EtNm
SoN (internet data collection/"hacking" group) forum down do to wierd aussie admins... will make new forum where i am admin and then post link.....
_EtNm
ExodiaTheNeckromaster
Warder
Warder

Postby Silver_Falcon on Wed Mar 24, 2004 9:35 pm

:thumbup: :thumbup: Great!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

this might actually get me to play DS again

(morrowind can hold my attention for more extended periods of time, is more fun, has more races to play, bigger map, open ended questing, ect.......................................and thats besides the fact that the editor is decipherable)
Silver_Falcon
Mercenary
Mercenary

Postby ExodiaTheNeckromaster on Thu Mar 25, 2004 1:01 am

I love the skin but i HATE having to level up a new skin, the same quests over and over and over, via infintium.... perhaps people should add new special abilitys for their skins?? that would be intesting to see!!!
_EtNm
_EtNm
ExodiaTheNeckromaster
Warder
Warder

Postby Bj Rox ur Sox on Fri Mar 26, 2004 2:46 am

ExodiaTheNeckromaster wrote: perhaps people should add new special abilitys for their skins?? that would be intesting to see!!!
_EtNm

explain :erm:

Nice job on the light elf there Witness, i think it is better then the dark elf.
no signature
Bj Rox ur Sox
Hero
Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Project Threads